About Me

My photo
New York, NY
2 Fashion Obsessed NYC girls. Stylists and Social Media gurus who live each day like the city streets are our runways. Live, Love and Dream Fashion.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

I made it through Prohibition and all I got was this lousy T Shirt ...



Ahh, the roaring 20's.  If there was a time machine this would be the era that we would travel back to.  Champagne, pearls, feathers, parties, vamp eyeliner, crimson lips, sparkles and sequins.  There was something so magical about this moment in time.  Women were liberated, and fashion took a major turn towards glamorous and alluring clothing.  

Every girl loves dressing up as a flapper at least once (ok 3 times and counting in my lifetime), and Wildfox brings that persona to life with a modern twist of course !  I need to get my hands on that "I made it through Prohibition" shirt before you can say Daisy Buchanan three times fast  !  Just when we reluctantly though the hype of Leo's Great Gatsby movie was fading, Wildfox reignites the flame! We were lucky enough to attend their Fall 13' show during fashion week, and it was like being transformed to a1923 speakeasy.  It was amazing to say the least!

Wildfox's design guru Kimberly Gordon quotes that "I was really inspired by this decade for the first time in my life. Generally, I'd found the subject a bit dull, but after re-reading The Great Gatsby I realized it really felt so Wildfox! Parties all the time, driving into town, spending money, falling in love, big mansions and gardens, the ocean, brewing your own alcohol, best friends and broken hearts...it's just so amazingly fun. It was all sparkle, true love, dancing, and champagne!”
We couldn't agree with Kimberly more and are spellbound with the entire collection!  

crimson kissed champagne flutes,
xoxo lauren

"Daisy's Girls"

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment